Employment opportunities are posted as a courtesy from the NMRVTA. Please do your research accordingly.
The NMVMA now has job postings on their website. Type in www.nmvma.org and look for career opportunities, RVT’s.
Pecos People for Animal Welfare Society dba PAWS travels to underserved areas of northern New Mexico to do high volume, high quality spay/neuter surgeries in their mobile surgical unit. The 30 foot Class A mobile is currently housed 10 miles north of Santa Fe.
PAWS has a job opportunity for a Veterinary Technician. Duties include:
coordinate the events
take care of laundry of the surgical drapes
clean, wrap and sterilize packs
coordinate the Vet and technicians
drive the mobile to and from events
ensure that the mobile is ready to go to the next event.
The position is primarily a weekend contract position and will pay $40-$50 per hour based on qualifications. Potential for growth into a full time position.
Call Jane Carson (505) 466-0091.
Aztec Animal Clinic is seeking a full-time experienced Veterinary Technician to help us move our practice forward and want you to be apart of our team! We are a multiple doctor small animal hospital practicing cutting edge veterinary medicine in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The successful candidate will have at least one year of clinical experience as a technician. As communication with clients is critical to providing the best patient care the candidate will enjoy educating clients, answering questions about our services and explaining treatment plans. Additionally, surgical experience will be critical as we perform many different types of procedures each day. The ideal candidate will be comfortable managing anesthesia for surgery or dental procedures. In appreciation for your services, we offer a competitive salary based on experience and a generous compensation plan that will include paid time off, health insurance, discounted pet care, Simple IRA and more!This position requires experience as a veterinary technician so we are unable to consider candidates who are not experienced at this time. Thank you for considering our practice, we look forward to meeting you!
Pay: From $15/hour
Benefits: Dental insurance Employee discount Health insurance Paid time off Retirement plan Vision insurance
Schedule: 10 hour shift
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
Experience: 1 year Veterinary Technician (Required) Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 505-265-4939
Job DescriptionPractice Inventory Controller / Pharmacy Technician
Schedule: 9a-5p, Monday –Friday
Gruda Veterinary Hospital is looking for an energetic, self-starting individual to join our growing practice. The purpose of
this position is to oversee all aspects related to the inventory within the hospital – pharmaceuticals, hospital and
medical supplies. These duties include overseeing ordering, stocking and assessing the supply and equipment needs of
each area within the hospital. This role includes the daily operations as the pharmacy technician and maintaining the
Accountability for this position relies on keeping inventory pharmaceutical and medical supplies in check, and meeting
the daily demands of a pharmacy technician as stated in the below job duties:
• Maintain and oversee appropriate ordering and stocking of pharmaceuticals, hospital and medical supplies.
• Maintain an effective inventory-turnover tracking system to prevent having expired goods.
• Utilize and maintain the inventory management system within Cornerstone.
• Maintain a data entry system to track ordering by creating purchase orders.
• Oversee process of receiving of orders and unpacking of inventory orders.
• Provide all purchase orders, packing slips and invoices to practice manager for review.
• Conduct bi-annual pharmaceutical count and review of the inventory management system.
• Evaluate inventory and place orders as appropriate. (on a regular basis)
• Maintain professional relationships with manufacturer representatives and distributors.
• Establish resources for “emergency” demand.
• Oversee and maintain the hospital pharmacy according to AAHA requirements and practice protocols.
• Dispense medications prescribed by veterinarians.
• Monitor and maintain prescription refill requests – in hospital refills and online pharmacy requests
• Ensure that state pharmacy regulations and federal drug regulations are followed; maintaining control and
management of controlled substances.
• Monitor and filter pending RX pick-ups as needed.
Pharmacy – client care responsibilities:
• All incoming in clinic and/or on line pharmacy requests are filtered through the pharmacy technician.
• All communications revolving prescription requests are to be handled by the pharmacy technician – ie., delays in RX
fulfillment, RX’s declined due to services overdue or per doctor instruction, etc.
• All RX requests, in clinic and on line requests are to be completed or addressed for process by the end of scheduled
work day and/or delegated for completion.
This role may also be delegated call back and follow up correspondence with clients. This entails communicating on the
behalf of the DVM’s with advice and/or recommendations relayed from the doctors; follow-ups on visits and procedures
to ensure that patients are doing well and assist in any of the owners concerns; seeking answers to question about a
patient’s health or needs. This requires making details medical notes in a patient record and consistent communication
with the DVM’s and clients in the best interest of the patient.
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Health insurance, Paid time off
|Albuquerque Equine Clinic is looking for an RVT or person able to sit for the VTNE and the NM State Boards. Must have equine experience and be willing to learn anesthesia.|
Please email resume to Carol or Dr. Brad Root at email@example.com or drop off in person. Thank you
Ridgeview Veterinary Hospital is looking for an energetic, self-starting individual to join our 5 doctor small animal practice. We are located in a beautiful mountain town called Los Alamos, NM. We offer a wide range of services from orthopedic surgeries, general surgeries, dentistry, and ultrasounds. The ideal candidate will encompass skills of being detail-oriented, compassionate about working with animals, superior at client communication, work well with others, self-starter, and provide support to other team members. The candidate shall be proficient in all aspects of basic animal care to include, but also not limited to: animal restraint, administering treatments, taking x-rays; blood draw, insert catheters, run lab tests, and maintain equipment. Some Saturdays are required. Preference to RVT (or soon to become RVT) but willing to train the right candidate. Looking for FT and PT.
Please feel free to contact and send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org